Welcome to PALA 2016!
In/Authentic Styles: Language, Discourse and Contexts
Welcome to the homepage of the 36th Annual Conference of the Poetics And Linguistics Association!
The PALA 2016 Conference will be held under the auspices of the University of Cagliari (Italy), the Department of Philology, Literature and Linguistics and the Faculty of Humanities. It will take place from 27th to 30th July 2016 in the building centrally located in Via San Giorgio 12.
The pre-Conference Summer School will be held from 25th to 27th July 2016 at the same venue.
We are honoured to announce that the following scholars have agreed to deliver plenary lectures at the Conference:
Prof. Alwin Fill – University of Graz
Prof. Luisanna Fodde – University of Cagliari
Prof. Peter Grundy – Durham University
Prof. Giovanni Iamartino – University of Milan
Prof. Sara Mills – Sheffield Hallam University
Prof. Elena Semino – Lancaster University
We are also honoured to announce that the pre-Conference Summer School will be taught by Prof. Paul Simpson – Queen’s University Belfast (Prof. Simpson’s website).
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: 31st January 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 28th February 2016
- Early bird registration close: 30th April 2016
- Standard registration close: 15th June 2016
- Pre-Conference Summer School: 25th-27th July 2016
- PALA Conference: from the afternoon of 27th to the evening of 30th July 2016
- Conference dinner: 30th July 2016
- Conference excursion: 31st July 2016
This website will be regularly updated with important Conference information over the coming months.